What is a 2-Factor Authentication (2FA)
When you enable your 2FA, it helps to ramp up the security of your account and your digital assets. Each time you log into Cobo Wallet, in addition to the username and password, you must enter a dynamic code found in a secondary app to log in. This is one of the most effective ways to prevent account intrusion when the account password is leaked.
How to set up 2-step verification using Google Authenticator
The most commonly used software for 2FA authentication is OTP Auth and Google Authenticator. We will introduce how to set up 2FA using Google Authenticator.
Step1: Turn on 2FA in Cobo App
- Open Cobo App, go under "Me" --> "Security" --> "Google 2FA", and enable.
- Enter the verification code received by SMS
- Write down your 16-digit key and put it in a safe place.
Step2: Download Google Authenticator
iOS users will need to login to the Apple App Store and search for "Google Authenticator". Android users can download Google Authenticator from the Google Play Store or search for "Google Authenticator" to download from Google.
Step 3: Bind your Google Authenticator to your Cobo account for 2FA
There are two ways to bind your Cobo account to Google 2FA:
1. Bind by scanning the barcode
- ) Select ‘Scan barcode’
- ) Scan the barcode
- ) See a new Cobo dynamic password on the screen
2. Bind by entering the verification code manually.
- ) Select ‘Manual entry’
- ) Fill account name with ‘Cobo’
- ) Copy the 16-bit key generated and paste in the ‘Key’ box
- ) Click on the checkmark icon on the top right to continue
Step 4: Complete 2FA setup in Cobo
- Go back to the Cobo Wallet app, write down the 16-Digit Key if you have not done so already and select ‘I’ve backed up, enable 2FA now’.
- Enter the six-digit dynamic password generated by Google Authenticator, in this case, 8-8-6-2-9-4.
- If you have entered correctly, the system will automatically go to the Google 2FA settings page with Google 2FA turned on
- You can also choose which transactions need the 2FA authentication to proceed.
Then, you have finished setting up Google 2FA.
Backing up the 2FA 16-bit key
Backing up your 2FA 16-bit key ensures that in the event of loss of phone, or malicious activity by any third party, you will not lose access to your Cobo Wallet account. You can download Google 2FA on a new device, retrieve Cobo’s password, and log in to Cobo Wallet application again.
We advise that you secure the 2FA 16-bit key in a safe place. You can write it on a piece of paper and store it in a safe as an example.
If you forget your 2FA 16-bit
If you forget the code and get locked out of your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to our customer support to re-enable your account. We will ask you to verify yourself before proceeding with any account reset.
1. Please title your email: "Reset 2FA - XXXXXXXX (your mobile number for logging into Cobo Wallet)"
2. Take a picture of yourself (full face) with the following documents:
a. Identification document (passport or identity card),
b. A paper with the following written on it "I would like to reset my 2FA, signed by (Name) on (2018-MM-DD) date"
3. Email it to email@example.com
How to turn off 2-step verification
- Go back to the "Security" Settings page
- Select ‘Google 2FA’
- Slide to turn it off
The Cobo team strongly recommends that you do not turn off 2FA for your account security. The security of your digital assets is extremely important to us.
Thank you for using Cobo wallet, we'd love to hear your feedback. Please send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org