Our Commitment to Privacy
Scope and Consent
You accept this Policy when you sign up for, access or use our products, services, content, features, technologies or functions offered on our application and all related websites, sites and services (collectively “Cobo Global Limited Service”). We may post changes to this Policy on this page periodically, the revised version will be effective as of the published effective date. It is your responsibility to review this Policy frequently. When required by law, we will notify you of any changes to this Policy . Users are bound by any changes to the Policy by using the Cobo Global Limited Service after such changes have been firstly posted.
For the purpose of this Policy, we use the term “personal infromation” to describe the information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. This Policy is not applicable to information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users. We collect information in the following ways:
• Device information. When you use Cobo Global Limited Service, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. The information sent to us includes, but is not limited to your computer IP address, device ID or identifier, device type, location, mobile network information, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, and standard web log data and other information.
• Account information. If you open a Cobo Global Limited account or use Cobo Global Limited Service, we may collect the following types of information:
• Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
• Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your Cobo Global Limited account or give us when you use Cobo Global Limited Service.
• Detailed personal information such as your date of birth or national ID number.
• Information from other sources. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services. You may choose to provide us with access to certain personal information stored by third parties such as social media sites (e.g., sina microblog and wechat). The information we may receive varies by site and is controlled by your privacy setings and your authorization on that site. By associating an account managed by a third party with your Cobo Global Limited account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we may collect, store and use this information in accordance with this Policy.
• Authentication and Fraud Detection. For fraud prevention purposes, we may collect information about your transactions, your activities and your interactions with Cobo Global Limited Service. We may also evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
• Additional information. We may also collect information from you, such as through your contact with us, including our customer support team and your results when you respond to a survey.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you access our website or use Cobo Global Limited Service, we and companies we work with may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, “Flash cookies”, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively “Cookies”). We use these technologies to:
• Recognize you as a Cobo Global Limited customer;
• Customize Cobo Global Limited Service, content, and advertising;
• Measure promotional effectiveness;
• Help ensure that your account safety is not compromised, and
• Mitigate risk and prevent fraud.
You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of our Cobo Global Limited Service.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, fun and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
• Provide Cobo Global Limited Service and customer Support;
• Process transactions and send notices about your transactions or your network activity;
• Verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes;
• Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
• Detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities, violations of policies or our User Agreement;
• Customize your user experience, measure the performance of the Cobo Global Limited Service and improve their content and layout;
• Provide targeted marketing, advertising and service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
• Perform other duties as required by law.
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Policy. We may request your permission to allow us to share your personal information with third parties. You may opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties, but your choice to limit the use of your personal information may interfere with your use of certain Cobo Global Limited Service.
How We Protect and Store Personal Information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in Cobo Global Limited and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We use physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our administrative, managerial and technical safeguards. Therefore, we urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal information as well, including never sharing your Cobo Global Limited password with anyone.
If we learns of a systems security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Cobo Global Limited Service, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically. We may post a notice on the application if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us.
How We Share Personal Information with Other Cobo Global Limited Users
When transacting with others, we may provide those parties with information about you necessary to complete the transaction, such as your name, account ID, contact details, shipping and billing address, or other information needed to promote the reliability and security of the transaction. If a transaction is held, fails, or is later invalidated, we may also provide details of unsuccessful transaction. To faciliate dispute resolution, we may provide a buyer with the seller’s address so that the goods can be returned to the seller. Without your permission, we will not allow the receiving party to use this information for unrelated purposes, such as to directly market to you.
We work with third parties, including merchants, to enable them to accept or send payments from or to you in connection with a Cobo Global Limited Currency Transfer. In doing so, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your email address or mobile phone number which may be used to inform you that a transfer has been sent to or received from the third party. We may use this information to confirm that you are a Cobo Global Limited customer, that Cobo Global Limited Currency Transfers are enabled, and/or to notify you that you have received Cobo Global Limited Currency.
Please note that merchants you interact with have their own private policies, and we are not responsible for their actions, including their information protection practices.
How We Share Personal Information with Other Third Parties
We may share your personal information with:
• Members of our corporate family, to provide joint content, products, and services (such as registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services, and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services;
• Financial institutions that we partner with to jointly create and offer a product;
• Companies that we plan to merge with or are acquired by.
• Law enforcement, regulators, government officials, or other third parties in relation to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement under Cobo Global Limited law or regulation, or the laws and regulations of other jurisdictions that are applicable to Cobo Global Limited or one of its affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with such law, or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss; to report suspected illegal activity or investigate violations of the User Agreement.
• Third party identity verification services in order to prevent fraud.
• Service providers under contract with us to support our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, customer service and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
• Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize Cobo Global Limited Service, content, and advertising. Any communication we send to you will either be related to your account or will be related to Cobo Global Limited Service. If you do not wish to receive marketing communication from us, we will provide you with an “unsubscribe” mechanism through which you may opt out of receiving other similar messages in the future.
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Information
How You Can Contact Us about Privacy Questions
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should contact us on our support page: https://support.cobo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org