Fomo3D is the hottest blockchain game since Cryptokitties. Here, we will introduce you to the game and how to play it with from Cobo Wallet.
What is Fomo3D
Fomo3D is a Dapp game built on Ethereum blockchain. Simply put, it is a lottery game in which the last person to buy a key in each round wins a large pool of Ether.
During a round, people can purchase 1 or more keys which resets the timer marking them as the current leader. With each key purchase during the round, the key price increases slightly. Players receive a stream of passive income from the game as keys are bought during the round.
When the timer reaches zero, last person to buy a key wins and gets half of Ether in the pool. The other half will be shared among the round players, P3D holders, and others.
Find more details of the game and the rules here: FOMO3D Wiki
Fomo3D has 2 Game Modes: Fomo3D Long and Fomo3D Quick
The Long mode was launched on July 4th. The Quick mode will be launch on July 28th at 8.00 am (UTC+8) which is a few hours from now!
The two game modes shared the basic rules but each has different timing and key issuing mechanism; for example:
- Each round of the Long mode can last for weeks or months while each round of the Quick mode lasts only hours or days. The shorter the round, the sooner we found out who is the winner and the sooner the ETH in the pool is distributed.
- In the Fomo3D Quick mode, each round will start with a short ICO phase where all players can buy keys for the same average price.There is no ICO in the Long mode.
- The price scaling of keys in the Quick mode is gradual but increases at a much faster rate than in the Long mode which helps ensure that the games are shorter.
Explore the differences of each game mode in details here: Game Summary
How to play Fomo3D from Cobo Wallet?
With Cobo Wallet, you can play the Fomo3D game directly on your phone. Here’s how:
- Make sure you download the latest version of Cobo Wallet app from our website
- Set up a HD wallet. For first time user, you can refer to this guide ‘How to register for Cobo Wallet (4. HD Wallet)’
- Choose ‘Browse’ from the tab at the bottom of the page
- In the ‘Browse’ page, there are many DApps which can be easily accessed through Cobo Wallet. Click on the wallet button at the bottom of the screen to view or modify the associated ETH HD Wallet which you can use for Dapp payments. For example, when you purchase a key from Fomo3D, you can use ETH in this account to pay.
- Select Fomo3D to enter the game. If you want to buy a key, you can choose number of keys you want to buy and then select ‘Send ETH’. Click ‘OK’ to confirm and transfer out ETH form your HD Wallet to purchase the key
P3D token holders can get a share of the 10% transaction fee from every buys and sells transactions on the P3D network which includes transactions in Fomo3D game, as dividends.
P3D tokens can be purchased with Cobo Wallet. Here's how:
- Expand the Fomo3D menu by tapping on the upper right menu icon
- Select ‘P3D: Dividend+’
- Select ‘Buy P3D’
- Input how much ETH you want to convert to P3D
- Confirm the transaction then your ETH from HD Wallet will be converted to P3D