Follow the steps listed below to set up your Cobo Vault:
- Switch on the Cobo Vault and select your preferred language.
- Authenticate your device through a Web Authentication process to ensure that the device you’ve received in the mail is authentic. On a computer or mobile device, visit https://cobo.com/hardware-wallet/authentication to complete this step.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions and select Create Vault to create a new vault.
- You will see a 24-word mnemonic phrase. Use the enclosed Cobo Tablet to store the 24-word mnemonic phrase. The mnemonic phrase will enable you to recover your wallet if your Cobo Vault is ever lost, broken or stolen. Anyone with the mnemonic phrase can access your private key and your cryptocurrencies. Store the Cobo Tablet carefully.
- Next, re-enter the mnemonic phrase in the same order provided to you when setting up your wallet.
- Next, you will be required to “Set Up Your Password.” The system password must contain 10 to 30 characters. The password must contain upper and lowercase letters and numbers, while symbols are optional. Note that the password is case sensitive.
- Re-enter your password to confirm.
- Input a pattern, and repeat to confirm.
- Following this, the system will take up to 15 seconds to complete the setup and you will now be asked to “Pair with your smartphone.”
- A Dynamic QR Code will be shown on your Cobo Vault.
- Download and install the Cobo Vault Mobile App from https://cobo.com/hardware-wallet/download
- Load the Cobo Vault app on your mobile device and use your mobile device to scan the Dynamic QR Code on your Cobo Vault. A notification on your mobile device will be given when completed.
- Tap on the “Done” button on the Cobo Vault to complete your setup.
A video explaining the setup process is here: https://youtu.be/d0wmdUn-n8A