We open sourced the Secure Element firmware and upper application of Cobo Vault Pro and Essential on Apr 27th and released the corresponding firmware upgrade version 1.0.5. Due to the firmware V1.0.5 updated the security structure, users need to import recovery phrase again after the upgrading. Please be sure you have backed up your recovery phrase before updating V1.0.5.
1. Micro SD card (Requirements: Default FAT 32 format and capacity not exceeding 32GB. Other Micro SD cards won’t be detected by the Cobo Vault. Micro SD card not included with Cobo Vault.)
2. Computer: Used to download the firmware upgrade file.
3. Micro SD card reader (Not necessary if your laptop can read Micro SD cards.)
4. Cobo Vault with battery level kept above 70%.
1. Turn the device on and tap the [Menu] icon, then [Settings], then [Wipe Device] to clear the data.
2. Insert the Micro SD card into your computer and download the V1.0.5 firmware upgrade file from our official website. Save the file in the root directory of the Micro SD card and do not rename or unzip it.
3. Insert the Micro SD card into the Cobo Vault and turn the device on.
4. Choose system language and tap [Update Now] according to the updating prompt.
5. After the upgrading completed, import your recovery phrase and setup the Cobo Vault agian.
Why Can’t I Update my Cobo Vault?
1. Please check the file directory.
2. Please check the file name.
3. Please check whether the file size is consistent with the file size on the official website in case the file has not been downloaded completely.
4. Please check the format and capacity of your Micro SD card.
a. Click **Windows-E** to open the computer window.
b. Right-click your Micro SD card in the window and choose **Format** to check the default format.
- Mac OS
a. Search for Disk Utility in Launchpad and open it.
b. Select the Drive and click Erase to check the default format.
5. Please check whether the file was damaged due to Micro SD card quality problems.
6. If the above does not solve your problem, please submit a request to us. Our admin will reply to you as soon as possible.
Does the Cobo Vault include a Micro SD card?
Micro SD card belongs to information security products so Cobo Vault does not include a Micro SD card. We suggest that users purchase Micro SD card with a big brand from oficial platform to ensure a higher quality and security.
If you have any other questions, please submit a request to us. Our admin will reply to you as soon as possible.