Cobo Vault firmware versions V1.2.0 & V1.2.0 (BTC-Only) support using physical dice rolls to generate a recovery phrase. Follow the steps below to easily accomplish your own TRNG:
1. At least one casino-grade die (casino-grade dice will give you the highest degree of entropy)
2. Cobo Vault Essential or Pro upgraded to firmware version V1.2.0/V1.2.0 (BTC-Only) or later
Using Input From Dice to Generate A Recovery Phrase
1. Find the interface that gives you the options to either [Import Vault] or [Create Vault].
1) You can find this interface during initialization of the device. If you have already initialized your device, go to the step below.
2) You can also enter this interface by going to [Settings], then touching [Create/Import Vault]. (CAUTION: Using dice to generate a new recovery phrase will erase and replace your current recovery phrase. Make sure you have properly recorded your recovery phrase before you proceed with generating a new one.)
2. Touch [Create Vault].
3. Tap 3 times on the image of the Cobo Tablet to enter the [Dice Rolls] interface.
4. Touch [Start] to begin entering the results of dice rolls (1,2,3,4,5,6) into Cobo Vault.
To ensure the highest degree of entropy for your recovery phrase, we recommend that you:
1) Enter at least 50 dice roll results (99 are required for 256-bit entropy).
2) Roll on a flat, stable surface.
3) Cast each dice roll from a high enough position relative to the surface you are rolling on.
5. Once you are satisfied with your number of dice roll entries, touch [Done], then touch [Generate]. You may then start recording your newly generated recovery phrase.