With firmware versions V2.4.0 (Multi-coin) or later, you can set MetaMask for Cobo Vault as a watch-only wallet.
- Cobo Vault has not been officially integrated with MetaMask. It only works with a proof of concept of MetaMask created by the Cobo Vault team. This is an unofficial fork specifically for use with the Cobo Vault. Please use cautiously and report bugs (and feedback!) to email@example.com.
- You should disable your official Metamask extension/addon when using this PoC of MetaMask. If you don't, it may result in unexpected behavior.
This PoC is forked from the official MetaMask extension. See this fork's source code here.
1. Firmware version V2.4.0 (Multi-coin) or later running on Cobo Vault Essential or Pro. (Upgrading Firmware)
2. PC/Mac/Linux running with
- Chrome: Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (x86_64) or later
- or Firefox: Version 84.0.2 (x86_64) or later
3. Extension “MetaMask for Cobo Vault” installed on Chrome or FireFox.
Bind “MetaMask for Cobo Vault” with Cobo Vault Hardware Wallet
1. Cobo Vault: Touch the Menu icon -> [Watch-only Wallet] on the Cobo Vault device.
2. Select [MetaMask for Cobo Vault] and touch [Confirm] -> [Display QR Code].
3. PC/Mac/Linux: Disable ALL other instances of MetaMask on ALL open browsers.
4. Run “MetaMask for Cobo Vault” and click [Get Started] -> [I Agree].
5. Set Password for “MetaMask for Cobo Vault” -> select [I have read…] -> click [Create].
6. Click [Scan Cobo Vault] and scan the QR code displayed on the Cobo Vault.
7. Select an Account and click [Unlock].
8. Click [All Done], MetaMask now should be bound with your Vault successfully.