2. Computer/Device with Sparrow Wallet installed
4. MicroSD card (FAT32 format with capacity not exceeding 32GB)
Users can choose between the Cobo Vault device or the Sparrow Wallet app to generate receive addresses for BTC. But it’s recommended to use Cobo Vault to view or generate receive addresses due to safety concerns. (This way you can trustlessly verify that the receiving address is actually correct or not, because the internet connected instance is prone to malware.)
1. On Cobo Vault: Touch [Addresses] to display the receiving addresses. (You can optionally generate more addresses that the device can display for you.)
2. On Sparrow Wallet: Click [Receive] to display the receiving addresses. (You can also go into the Addresses menu and use any address displayed, but we mainly recommend using the ones via Receive.)
1. Create a Transaction with Sparrow Wallet
1) Run Sparrow Wallet. Click [Send] and set the receive address, label, amount and fee. Click [Create Transaction].
2) Click [Finalize Transaction for Signing]
2. Sign with Cobo Vault Hardware Wallet
- Via QR code
1) Click [Show QR] on Sparrow Wallet and show the unsigned transaction data in QR code format. You will be required to select “Use Legacy Encoding(Cobo Vault)”.
2) Touch the [Scan] icon on the Cobo Vault device, then scan the QR code shown on Sparrow Wallet.
3) Touch [Sign] and enter the password to authorize the transaction. The device will then show the signed transaction data in QR code format.
4) Click [Scan QR] on Sparrow Wallet, then scan the QR code shown on Cobo Vault.
If your computer device has no camera, you can use the Cobo Vault to scan the QR code displayed on screen and then generate the signed transaction file onto a microSD card. The message to export to the microSD card should display underneath the QR code displayed on the device with an underlined text.
- Via microSD card
1) Insert the microSD card into PC/Mac.
2) Click [Save PSBT] on Sparrow Wallet and save the file in the root directory of the microSD card.
3) Take out the microSD card out from PC/Mac and insert into the Cobo Vault. Power on the Cobo Vault.
4) Touch the [MicroSD card] icon on Cobo Vault, then find and open the unsigned transaction file.
5) Touch [Sign] and enter the password to authorize the transaction.
6) Touch [touch here to export the file with microSD > Export]. The signed transaction file will be saved to the root directory of the microSD card.
7) Take out the microSD card out from the Cobo Vault and insert into your PC/Mac.
8) Click [Load PSBT], select and open the signed transaction file.
3. Broadcast with Sparrow Wallet
Make sure the Sparrow Wallet has connected to the node successfully.
Click [Broadcast Transaction].